My favourite drink is a hot cup of strong sugarless tea – so why not grab whatever is your favourite and join me as I tell you more about myself and my mission. (My professional biography is below, for those who are interested.)
I’m the wife of Marius and mum of two gorgeous girls, Lize and Cara. I’m passionate about living a life that is full of Jesus and filled with intention and wholehearted joy.
This is my personal blog. I write on my own parenting journey, which includes years of infertility treatment, having a premature baby and living in nine rental properties in three countries over thirteen years. I’m not afraid to share the hardships, the challenges, the messiness and the delights of being a mum.
I’m also a trained occupational therapist with years of experience in the field of sensory processing. I love watching kids and am fascinated by what they do and can’t help but wonder why they do the things they do. Little bodies and little brains captivates me.
My goal is to share my experiences as a mum, combine it with my professional knowledge and create inspirational and practical content filled with fun ideas and straightforward solutions for the challenges that you might face on your own parenting journey. Short posts, once a week, which you can consume while waiting for the kids to come out from school. Or, if you’re like me, you can sneak your smart phone into the bath (don’t let your husband or kids see) and savour the alone-time. I promise it will be worth the read.
I’ve worked with thousands of kids and met hundreds of mums who have fired me up for my mission: To encourage mums to parent with intent. I’m going out to find 10 000 mums who are, like me, intentionally pursuing being a joyful mum and raise happy kids. So, if you are up for the challenge, make sure to sign up to receive my blog posts straight into your inbox. It’s easy, just scroll to the top of the page and subscribe via e-mail. If you like what you read, please invite your friends. Together, we’ll do this awesome thing called being an intentional mum. You can do it, I know you can!
done on purpose; deliberate, purposeful, knowing, wilful,
Things I love
- Dressing a table for any occasion (what makes me happy is a tablecloth, some flowers and candles – and let’s not forget the glass of wine!)
- Camping (with a table, table cloth and flowers!), spending time around a campfire and watching the sunset.
- Reading in the bath (on my phone or tablet – don’t tell my husband!)
- Crochet (or should I say looking at beautiful creations on Pinterest and longing for the time to try it out!)
- Paging through home interior magazines (although I know that my house will never look like those on the photos!)
Lizanne du Plessis lives in Cape Town with her husband Marius and daughters Lize and Cara. Together they’ve travelled abroad for many years before returning to South Africa. She is an experienced occupational therapist with a special interest in the identification and treatment of children with sensory processing disorders. She has extensive experience in presenting workshops for parents, teachers and professionals and contributes to professional publications and magazines. Lizanne feels passionate about empowering parents and her work has enabled thousands of parents to:
- discover and understand their child’s true nature,
- support their development,
- manage daily challenges and
- build strong relationships.
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy with distinction/cum laude – University of Pretoria, South Africa, 2005
- Sensory Integration and qualified SIPT user – South African Institute of Sensory Integration, 1998 and 2008
- Basic Course on the DIR®/Floortime™ Model, 2008